Monday, January 21, 2008

London recap

As I spent my first morning walking around Firenze (Florence), I decided I needed an avenue to share all of my pictures with all of you. So here's a blog for you all to visit when you get a chance to see what I am up to in bella Italia.

To recap the last few days, I spent last Wednesday through Friday in good ol' London, where highlights including seeing "Lord of the Rings: The Musical."

Lord of the Rings is the one story in the history of literature that should NEVER have been made into a musical. Once Gollum starts singing, it's all too ridiculous. Nothing that a glass of wine wouldn't fix, though ... The best part about the play was that I purchased a souvenir mug that reads: "May the hair on your toes never fall out." Che bella!

I also got the chance to visit Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station. An awesome opportunity for Harry Potter freaks like me ...

Some photographic highlights from London:



Mmm, bonaffee pie. Kim, this picture is for you:

I don't know if I have time to post any Firenze pictures right now, as my school is closing in 15 minutes. But I'll try to get them up in another post. If I don't make it, check back later this week!!

Arrivederci!