Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finally!

So I have been in Rome for nearly two weeks now, so I'm thinking it's about time for a post. The internet situation is really weird here, because the connection at school is very slow and I don't think I am going to get Internet at home (it would apparently be slower than at school). So, sorry, but this is the best I can do.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures here, but here are a few from my first weekend in the city:

This is me atop the Vittorio Emmanuele building.


Here is an anti-Vatican march. It was really interesting -- there were hundreds of people marching to separate church and state. Even though the vatican is technically its own country within Rome, there is a lot of political involvement there ...


La Fontana di Trevi. I already threw in a euro, which means I'll return to Rome someday. :o)


The Roman Forum. The column behind my right arm is where they beheaded Cicero.


Il Coloseo!


That's all I have time to post for now. I'll be honest -- I'm in class, and it's about to end. I have a bunch more pictures (including from my trip to the hill behind Trastevere and my excursion to see the Pope!) from the last week and a half to post. So I'll try to do that ... sometime.

For now, my plans for the next few days include a wine tasting tomorrow night, then very early Friday I head off to Frankfurt, Germany, for three days. Whooooo....

Arrivederci!

No comments: