Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sorry!

It's funny how I've had all this spare time over summer vacation and yet did not post ANYTHING before now... now that school begins in just two mere weeks. (Eep!) Over the next couple of days I will try to give a very quick capture of the last few summer months.

School ended with a bang on June 26. My students ended the year with an average of 1.17 years growth in reading, which made me monumentally happy. Math, however, I don't really want to talk about ...

To kick off the summer I met mom in Washington, DC, for the fourth of July. We ate some amazing food, saw some amazing fireworks and overall had a really great time. Here are some of the highlights:



The Watergate Hotel


Arlington National Cemetery


Washington Monument



Mom at the White House right before we dined with Barack and Michelle


MEAT!

Capitol Building


Mom, I think there's something in your teeth!

No comments: