Monday, April 7, 2008

Buon Tempo = No Posts

Ciao amici! Sorry it's been so long since I've last posted anything on this blog, but Rome has been experiencing the most beautiful weather the last couple weeks, so I've been out enjoying it.

Here are a few photos to keep you updated on what I've been up to:

I've been spending a lot of time in Rome's various parks and cemeteries (sounds morbid, I know, but they're beautiful) and reading a lot, both for school and pleasure. I'm about half-way through with Harry Potter e il Prigionerio di Azkaban, by the way. It's getting much easier to read. I don't even have to look up many words anymore. Whoo hoo.

Here's the Cemeterio Accattolico, one of my favorite places in Rome. It's about an hour trip from where I live by foot/bus/metro, in a neighborhood just outside the old Roman city walls, but it's worth it, I think. It's quiet and not at all touristy, as the center of town has exploded into tourist season in the last month.


It's not only a good place to sit on a bench and read or write, but it's also good for making friends (of the feline variety, anyway).



I also spent some time walking around the Prati area, which includes the Vatican. I've been meandering in that area because I heard you can still buy indulgences from the Catholic church and I thought I'd pick up a few. However, everyone I ask looks at me like I'm crazy, so maybe it's not true ...



But wherever I've wandered the last few weeks, this is all I've seen:


I took this picture after I woke up from a pleasant nap in the Villa Borghese, one of Rome's ginormous parks, and the place where I've basically spent morning, noon and night the last couple of weekends.

No comments: