Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back in town

So I'm back in Phoenix (for several weeks now), and while I'm missing Roma, I'm pretty excited for everything that's coming up.

Even though I won't be traveling to exotic locations and sampling strange foods in the years to come, I feel like I'm still traveling through life. (Every day is a journey, right?) So, if you're interested, you can keep up with this blog, hopefully, for the next couple of years to see what I'm up to as I move to New York City and start teaching elementary school. I'll post all the best stories of the crazy things my students do. (But hopefully they won't be transfixed on their hands and use their sock elastic as dental floss.)

So here it goes:

Since I've been back I've traveled to Oklahoma and New York, seen a lot of movies (in English!) and eaten a lot of hummus dip.

Here are some photographic highlights of the last few weeks:


A lovely State Press mini-reunion.


New York City from the reservoir at Central Park. I went to the city for a job interview, which I failed, and some teacher certification tests, which I owned. I also marched in a pride parade. So at least it wasn't a worthless trip.


The gigantic praying hands at ORU in Tulsa, OK. I went to Tulsa to hang out with Kristi on her graduation party weekend. It was quite the experience.


The Taco Bueno was the best part!!


Except for the giant golden oil driller. If you squint, you can see me down by his left foot.


What's next for me? I'll be spending the next two and a half weeks saying goodbye to Phoenix in the best way I know how: Four Peaks peach ale and hummus dip.

No comments: